Work bench Update, my last days of summer 30/8-6/9 Whats on the workbench? Trying to manage my projects

So, Where to start...I thought let's do a post a bit differently. I just had my first week back at school, Monday 2nd of Septembre was my first day back to Uni. This year I will finish my bachelor in photography, and after nine years of studying after high school, I am happy when it all will be done! Throughout the last years, I have always been looking for ways to combine my busy school life, relationship and the love for my toy soldiers. Often in the heat of the photography projects, I am okay with shifting the hobby more to the background but after summer and before the summer break I always find it more difficult to shift the hobby to the back. So the past week, the last days of August I started to become a bit nervous for the upcoming year to come, but also I felt like speeding up my paint projects.



I have many ''projects'' on the shelve or in boxes that I need to catch up on. Earlier this year I decided that I would not start painting new figures or making new things before everything that was base coated or ready to be painted was done...With a good proportion of self-discipline, I managed this for a while...After a while I decided this was not how I want to go about my hobby, I envision it as a playground where I can do whatever I want, allowing to always let new projects sneak in and be distracted...This, of course, has a flipside...Namely that I have many figures waiting to be finished or to be done...After a while, I often lose focus...I try to be okay with that!

Well...Ready for take-off? Here follows a long post...That I have made over the timespan of another week haha...But here an overview of what I have been up to! Enjoy! And please reply, if you have a blog too, ask me and I will check out yours!












I purchased this 2nd hand Timpo farmhouse for quite cheap in the spring of this year, back then it looked too much like a villa, big windows and so one. It was still at my previous place where I spent many hours on the balcony during warm May/April days on the roof fixing the frameworks in the windows and replacing the big window with supposedly a wooden(barn)door. In the last week of my holiday, I finally started by spraypainting it, on my new balcony (since mid-June). The image below shows the first base layer, brown for the roof, sand/yellow-beige for the stiles/walls. Scroll further down for the end result!



I purchased some plastic Aquarium plants at the aquarium-fish store down the street, I would not know why someone would buy fake plants, not for the fishes in any case! I gave them a try to become scenery pieces for my 54mm figures.

 






The farmhouse after a thorough wash. 



This Monday 2/9  my grass mat arrived, I regret not buying it early since I now cannot really make time to do a nice set up on it. 


 
The material is perfect, just how I wanted it to be! It is more of a carpet really, but that is perfect its a soft green felt!


Thursday 6/9 I finished the farmhouse! Though it somehow feels a bit like a WO II farm somewhere in Russia (or that is just my association), I am quite pleased with the outcome! It can also be a farmhouse in France or Germany maybe during the Napoleonic wars... ;-) 













And the ''befores'' ;-) 











While Gettysburg is playing in the background, I found the discipline to start with the HAT SYW 1/32 Grenadiers! 




First bits of painting on the aquarium bushes are done! Let the dry brushing begin ;-) I will make the green look less fluorescent. Also, my self build Austrian officer is finally getting his base done! He is from a small conversion project I did somewhere in the spring this year. (Britains deetail AMC cavalry figure with greenstuff hat).




And this is how they look after some threatening with an ogre paint to bring down the green and make them look more..natural ;-))




Comments

  1. The house and plants look good. I am trying to finish some projects that I started a while back. Next time I am in Walmart or pass one the pet stores I will take a look for some plastic plants. I would like to find something to add to a few terrain pieces that I am working on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! Yes, that is definetely the way to go! Poor fishes...They need plants for oxigine, not for decoration! Thats why we can better buy them ;-)
    Thanks for the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started working with foam board. I hope to create something one day :) I am looking into creating my own terrain bases and other things like that. I just started painting some TSSD Germans. I should be doing a post on those to show people my painting style. I using some new paints from Scale 75, they seem to be a little smoother that the Vallejo paints that I currently use. I am getting away from collecting and trying to focus now on creating things and finishing painting a bunch of stuff. Take Care for now, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very exciting! I am looking forward to see the results! Its a great transition to also start creating I think :-)

      Delete
  4. Nice work on the farmhouse Stan, the windows and barn door are a big improvement.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brian! Please check out my video in the latest post to see what I am currently up to! :-D

      Delete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so excited, and I just can't hide it! Received in the mail plus extensive review! HaT 1/32 Napoleonic Austrian Command 9328 test sprue!

1/32 HAT Austrian SYW Musketeers TEST SPRUE arrived!