I am so excited, and I just can't hide it! Received in the mail plus extensive review! HaT 1/32 Napoleonic Austrian Command 9328 test sprue!

Hi there!  
Last week I received the HaT Napoleonic 1/32 Austrian Command set 9328 TEST SPRUE! I am thrilled to share this with you! Disclaimer this is not the actual set, it is not released yet. This is a sprue produced to test the mould.

After ten years of waiting, I cannot express how I felt to actually see and physically hold these Napoleonic Austrians by HAT that are so desired by many of us including me. 

The scale of the figures is great, the detail is great, the headgear options are great and so easy to put on and off! I will be buying loads of these as I am focusing on the 1809 campaign, this command set will also function well for my hordes of Italeri and replicants Austrians!
 A Marching and Action set will if all goes well also be released!  

Enjoy these pictures and let me know what you think! 
-Stan 


















NCO without headgear to show the pin system, the headgear pieces fit really well on the heads and require very little work. 
I look forward to all the possibilities HAT offers with this set. 






NCO with fur cap for the grenadiers! Oh, I love this! 







NCO with helmet for German Fusiliers up till 1813







NCO with shako for 1813 onwards
(in 1809 only Hungarian regiments wore the shako whilst the German regiments kept their helmet).
(there might also be a Hungarian set as well, build up in the same way with their own command set, marching and action)




The 3 head gear options that you will get



Austrian Senior officer

my only remark on this entire set would be that the senior officer his sabre is quite short..but that might just be this one example. 






Sapper with Shako, Helmet, fur cap





















And the drummer boy! 


love him with the helmet! Hat really stepped up its game since the seven years wars Prussians I think but ever since the French Light infantry sets they have been producing great figures! 








And all six figures! 















Comments

  1. Thank you for the comprehensive post. Have you formed any opinion on size comparisons with the Chintoys and Italeri Austrian sets?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I think they are very true to size! I sadly don't have the money for the Chintoys figures that are still on my want list, ill get them for my Austrian army eventually!

      Delete
  2. These look really good Stan. The alternative hats all seem to fit well. It is a shame about the gap with the added arms, but I'm sure that you'll be able to hide this with putty and paint. I look forward to seeing your painted versions.
    Regards, James

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi James! Thanks for your comment, here it was nog glued yet, by now it fits way better already! ;-)

      Delete
  3. I like them very much. Exceptional figures, usual good quality. What I've always liked with these manufacturers was the choice of headgear .. I'm looking forward to the set!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Beau geste! Yes I also like the options of headgear and the sometimes loose arms like with the Prussian sets, they are still not ''kits'' yet offer extra variety!

      Delete
  4. How do they measure out for height? Same plastic as used on other sets? Thanks for posting these!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! I will measure them for you and show how tall they are. If I measure from where the soldiers shoes start on the base to were their head should end its 54mm, with the eyes roughly on 51mm. I havent compared them next to other hat sets but I can do so, I think I have every set (multiple times haha) HaT has made of Napoleonics in 54mm scale.

      Delete
  5. That's a fantastic looking set! Thanks for the review!
    And I can't wait to see them painted!

    Greetings
    Peter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Peter! Keep an eye out for me next post! ;-)

      Delete
    2. @Peter! Its been a long time but I will pick up the brush and return with the painted ones as soon as possible!

      Delete
  6. Thank you again for your very helpful pics, video & thoughts about this much anticipated set.

    Regards

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading and nice to see you here too! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

1/32 HAT Austrian SYW Musketeers TEST SPRUE arrived!