Special post for Rahway -Closer look at HaT 1/32 Austrian Grenadiers SYW-assembled

Since I saw Rahway's question on the PMCD forum I thought via this way, some quick images I've taken with my I-phone of the Grenadiers assembled, next to Prussian Musketeers and the painted test shots of the Austrian Musketeers. I will fill up some gaps that remain on the figures, and spray paint them and start painting...I have plenty of work to do ;-))





The figures are quite friendly and easy to glue. In some cases, I need to cut down the pin on the body because it was too long. The figure loading his musket is also a bit more of a hassle but still very doable! I think the figures are very clever engineered, the separate parts pay off to the sculpting of the figures, no flash or anything I think these figures are the best I have seen from HaT so far!



 I just love this sun-yellow colour!















 They are grenadiers so slightly taller :-)
















Comments

  1. Thank you for taking the time to post these photos. They are very helpful.

    I like the poses. They are more vigorous than the Prussians. I have always liked the "back heel up" marching pose that was used by Authenticast and early Britains.

    They are certainly big (for Hat products) even allowing for the flat Prussian bases . It looks as if they are about 2-3% larger than the other sets. They seem to be the size of the Advancing Austrian Musketeer.

    It is not a disaster but it would be nice if the tool room could standardize the products it produces.



    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are most welcome Rahway! I am happy the post reached you! Yes they are fine chaps, and big ones too! I did not measure them but they look closer to 60mm, I just placed them next to the Victrix 54mm and their are the exact same height only the HaT figures seem to fit in better with other soldiers than the Victrix that still seem giants to me. The bases are also bigger then other HAT figures but I think these figures are the best from HAT I have seen so far, I think maybe due to the fact they are a little bigger they look better :-)

      Delete
  2. I would consider the Victoria to be 1/32 (2.25", 57mm) rather than 54mm (2.125"). I agree that the Hat figures go better with "slim" figures like XForce.

    On another subject, here is a link to a Napoleonic Bavarian officer portrait for your collection of Bavarian images. The pictures are on the right. Click on them to enlarge.

    https://www.wilnitsky.com/scripts/redgallery1.dll/details?No=42082

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah thank you Rahway! You saw my request on facebook? :-D

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so excited, and I just can't hide it! Received in the mail plus extensive review! HaT 1/32 Napoleonic Austrian Command 9328 test sprue!

1/32 HAT Austrian SYW Musketeers TEST SPRUE arrived!