ITALERI 1/32 NAPOLEONIC AUSTRIANS

YES! This week I managed to finish a long-term project. The Italeri Napoleonic Austrians that I had started with early spring this year. Loads of school work and other projects made it take so long...In between I painted the Wurtemberg Jagers, in the summer I got some 2nd hand HaT Chasseurs that I started painting and on some very warm summer days I started converting HaT's avant-garde into Austrian Jagers 1809. I only started painting these Jagers recently so they will follow very soon!

However, I am drifting off, here they are...I am happy they are done...I decided at some point when I had painted already most of them to add green stuff moustaches to some figures. It did them well, so I decided to do it with all of them. Also, I started using a different method for painting the faces which I find effective and appealing, the moustaches give the figures more character...


Both Grenadiers and Fusiliers with red turnbacks are painted as Infantry of the Emperors First Regiment Infanterie (N. 1 Regiment, Keiser Franz Moravian), Fusiliers with the orange turnbacks are painted as Fusiliers Infanterie Regiment N. 42 Graf Erbach Bohemian.

Enjoy!

Stan


I must admit I really love these Grenadiers. These are the figures of the first (old) set of Austrians (6856) Italeri made, depicting Austrian infantry from roughly 1809-1815 I think, but I use em for all Napoleonic purposes. I painted these Grenadiers with pre-1811 bearskins. In 1811 the colour of the patch on the back of the bearskin was changed to a yellow and white pattern, before that time the pattern was in the colour of the facings of the regiment, in this case, red.




Fusiliers  (N. 1 Regiment, Keiser Franz), I will add to more kneeling fusiliers to have a nicer formation, bringin the strengt up to 10 which is a big unit for Wargaming with the About Bonaparte ( By Dirk Donvil) rules.



Fusiliers Infanterie Regiment N. 42 Graf Erbach Bohemian, two more figures will be added over time!



Comments

  1. These look great Stan. I really like the shade of white that you have achieved and the detail on the back of the grenadier's hats is so clean!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you James! The right color of white (my interpretation) was a key focus point, all with a certain amount of artistic freedom but also imagination of how it should look during campaign, weather, changing of the dyes and so on...Also these colors match closer to what I have observed in Napoleonic re enactment of the last 12 years.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so excited, and I just can't hide it! Received in the mail plus extensive review! HaT 1/32 Napoleonic Austrian Command 9328 test sprue!

1/32 HAT Austrian SYW Musketeers TEST SPRUE arrived!