1/32 HAT Austrian SYW Musketeers TEST SPRUE arrived!

HAT 9329 SYW Austrian Musketeers
1/32 / 54mm TEST SPRUE


Yes...Yes! Got these in the mail last week! Really excited about the fact that HAT is reviving their 1/32 or 54mm line! I have been in touch with them of the last couple of years trying to feed them with motivation to keep producing in the for me one true scale!

Well enough of that!... Let's get to the figures! I have some pictures of the test sprue for you and some moving images! Last summer in '18 I painted the prototypes for this set, now I received the message if I was interested in painting a test sprue of the Austrians, of course, I was very keen on doing so!




So these are the SYW (Seven Years War) Austrian Musketeers, the box will be numbered 9329.
The box will include 6 poses and 3 sprues will make 18 figures in total.













I also made a way too extended ''unboxing video''; if you don't like to read you can listen to my murmuring and have some visuals here:








So far, the only point of criticism that I can have is that the bayonet of the left marching figure is too short, a classic defect that happens in the sprue, for example, 
many of my old Airfix figures have this. But since none of my HaT figures has this, I believe it will not appear on the final sprues.
Also, that same marching figure is a bit more skinny and his face is more squeezed in while the advancing and firing poses are more sturdy and three-dimensional.






Okay so, I hope these images will give you a good impression of the soon to be released HAT 1/32 SYW Austrians! I will also compare them with the HaT SYW Prussians, at first sight, these Austrians look slightly bigger and a bit more sturdy, the last thing is something I like. Also, the base is a bit thicker then the other 1/32 figures I own from HaT but that doesn't really bother me. The colour of the figures on the images, as shown above, is quite accurate with how these figures look in real life but I don't know if HaT will produce the final figures in this dark cream/ mocha colour.


Austrian Figures 9329 test sprue build and compared with HaT SYW Prussians 9401


And!...Here they are..Glued together ;-) 








This Austrian figure seems to be a bit smaller than the rest of the set. In general, the Austrians are more sturdy and slightly bigger than the Prussians, except for this figure, he is more fragile and comes closer to the Prussian figures from set 9401 but to me, there is nothing problematic about that! 












 Overall I think these figures look great and are very tempting to me! HaT again did a fine job and I hope they can speed up their production process since I strongly believe that this will also make it easier for them to sell more sets if they are visible on the 1/32 market!

I just can't wait for Hat to produce new 1/32 - 54mm Napoleonics! First sets we can expect after these 7YW Austrians will be Napoleonic Austrians and a set of Hungarians, then I really hope...A set of French Line Fusiliers will be made pre-Bardin 1812 with optional HaT for bicornes and shako's!

However, this post got a lot longer than planned...But I hope it was helpful and I hope you enjoyed reading it! Please don't hesitate to leave comments!

Stan










Comments

  1. Exciting news indeed. Nice article

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for your comment Ralphus! Yes, very exciting indeed! I am even more excited about the idea that Napoleonics might follow! Fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Stan. Any news when the Austrians are going to be released?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Mike! There are currently no updates on this subject matter yet. The test sprues of both the Grenadiers and Musketeers have been made so in a speculative way they could be in production as we speak. However my assumption is that HaT wants to release all three sets at the same time..The Command set is still very much in the developing stage as I know they are designing the sapper...So if they indeed wait for that set to be done first, it will be probably into the next year that these figures will hit the market :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Stan. Thank you for the reply. Yes, I saw the post about designing the Sapper to join the Command set. I pledged for 20 sets so I am anxious to get them. At this point I have almost forgotten about the whole project. So waiting a little longer does not mater anymore. At least they are fixing things so they come out correctly, I hope. Thanks again, Mike.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Mike! Your are most welcome! :-) Thats a bunch of figures! What project are you planning on doiny with 20x18 figures? :-) Sounds exciting!
    I think they will come out correctly for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stan. The first plan was to help in getting these figures made after the other failed attempts Hat had with fundraising. The second was that maybe I could use some of these as French or Prussians to add to my Barzso figures. I have both Fort Ticonderoga and Fort William Henry. One day I am going to set up this huge display. I would like to display both forts. Ah, Dreams. I have been gathering up things for the future when I retire. I am glad I did start because of the increase in prices most of the things that I like.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

I am so excited, and I just can't hide it! Received in the mail plus extensive review! HaT 1/32 Napoleonic Austrian Command 9328 test sprue!